Based on the most recent guidance issued from state and local health officials, as well as consultation with members of U.S. Club Soccer, Kentucky Soccer Association, Kentucky Youth Soccer Association, and the Kentucky High School Athletic Association, we have developed the following Return to Play Plan to resume playing activities while also taking the necessary precautions to provide a safe and healthy playing environment.
June 1 - League Registration and Team Formation
- Online registration for team and individual players opens
- Each team consists of 16-20 adult players
- No on-field activities of any kind are permitted at this time
July 6 - Modified Start of Season
- League matches to be played under modified rules and procedures
- The season of play will be July 6 through Oct. 14, tentatively
- Matches will occur weekly at 6:30 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Thursdays and Fridays may be used for rescheduled matches as needed
- No more than four matches per night are permitted
- Matches will be played at the Berea Road Soccer Complex located at 2689 Berea Road, Lexington, KY 40511
- All matches are 11v11 coed format with three assigned referees per match
- No more than fifty individuals permitted at any playing field during the match
- Spectators are not typically present but will not be permitted at this time
- Team captains are responsible for ensuring and reporting to league administrators that no player participates that is sick or has any underlying health symptoms that may place them at an elevated risk for COVID-19 exposure
- Team captains will conduct touch-free temperature checks for their players prior to each match
- All players and officials are strongly encouraged to receive testing at one of the location testing sites prior to the start of the season and at any time throughout the season of play
- The league will provide match balls that will be sanitized before and after the match as well as during halftime
- Facial coverings are permitted but will not be required due to the high temperatures and nature of the sport
- Any personal contact outside of the normal scope of play is not permitted - i.e. pre- and postgame handshakes, high fives, etc.
- Rules of play may be modified to limit the amount of personal contact between players during the match - i.e. multiple-person defensive walls are not permitted, all free kicks are indirect, etc.
- Referees will place an emphasis on addressing player contact on the field of play
- All match participants are required to follow current social distancing guidelines wherever possible
- Team bench areas will be designated to allow proper social distancing for players before, during, and after play.
- All players must provide their own individual playing equipment and/or water bottles. The sharing of personal playing equipment and water bottles is not permitted
Date TBD - Return to Standard Playing Rules and Procedures.
- League matches will be played under standard playing rules and procedures
- Spectators will be permitted
The LYSA Adult Soccer League is sensitive to the concerns of our membership and is committed to providing a safe and healthy playing experience. We will review all forthcoming health guidelines and determine the need for implementation of any additional procedures as necessary. A full or partial refund will be permitted for any player that becomes ill, injured, or uncomfortable with participating during this time.