PLEASE REGISTER EARLY!!
Cut off dates: January 31st -- to guarantee "returning to the same team as last fall".
February 15th, to guarantee any team placement. Also on this date, no new teams will be formed and we will accept players only if there is a team needing a player.
- LYSA is a volunteer led organization! Every team needs a head coach! A Head Coach will receive a reimbursement of 50% of their child's registration fee at season's end. To sign up as a Head or Assistant Coach adults should register themselves as a Volunteer, in addition to registering their child as a player.
- Every team will have a parent volunteer listed as Coordinator this Spring Season to help with communications from LYSA and within the team itself.
- Coaches of each team will set the practice schedules/location. We assign teams based of geographic location so that practices will be near your home in most cases.
- PHOTO DAY is APRIL 29. Individual & Team Photos will be taken this day prior to your team's match!
- U12-U14-U16-U19 will play a few matches in nearby cities (Georgetown, Nicholasville, Versailles, Richmond, Winchester) as part of the Bluegrass Regional Soccer League. Games for these teams begin March 18, 2023, and end with a post season tournament June 1-4, 2023.
- U5-U6-U8-U10 teams begin play on March 25, 2023. U5-U6 will just play on Saturdays, while U8-U10 might have up to 2 games on a weekend sometime.
- U4 Soccer Tots meets just once a week on Saturdays beginning April 8, 2023, and will play an Academy Style each session (fun training for 40 minutes, matches for 20 minutes) and will be led by our Grassroots Director, Todd Bretz. Click here to learn more details about this program - CLICK HERE!
- Be sure to follow us on social media @LexYouthSoccer to stay in the know! We will also update our website right here!
After you receive your team assignment, all Families need to order uniforms (jersey, shorts, socks) at The Locker Room on James Lane Allen Rd. (Cost is ~$35 with child's name on back of jersey. $30 without a name). If your child is returning to the same team as last fall, you should be set with your uniform.
If you would rather order online versus in-person use this link CLICK HERE and complete the online form.
The Locker Room will notify you when the uniform is ready!
- Uniforms should be ordered by March 6 to help ensure they are in by the opening game day. It is okay if they are not in by the first weekend though.
- Families will also need to purchase a soccer ball, shinguards, and soccer cleats for their child playing this spring.
- Required Soccer Ball: Size 3 for U4-U8. - Size 4 for U10-U12 - Size 5 for U14-U19.